Several members of the Feeding America Entertainment Council are stepping up and speaking out against hunger by taking part in a video call-to-action. The celebrities include multifaceted entertainer Nick Cannon, television personality Samantha Harris, registered dietitian and Cooking Channel host Ellie Krieger, Food Network and talk show starRachael Ray, actress and television host Alison Sweeney, and music mogul and entrepreneur 50 Cent.
These six hunger-relief advocates recorded a montage video which joins their words into one unified message: together, we can speak out against hunger.
The video is part of Feeding America’s efforts to promote Hunger Action Month which began September 1. Advocates from across the country have joined Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, to Speak Out Against Hunger™ this September. As recently reported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, more than 50 million people in the United States, or 14.9% of Americans, are struggling with hunger.
There are several ways to help raise awareness this month to help shine a light on the 1 in 6 Americans facing hunger:
- Watch the celebrity montage video and share it in your social spaces, like Facebook and Twitter
- Like your local food bank and Feeding America on Facebook
- Donate your Facebook status to hunger
- Go Orange and update your Facebook and Twitter avatar to show your support of hunger-relief
- Share a hunger fact with your friends
- Send a postcard to your local elected official and speak up for national nutrition programs
- Volunteer at your local food bank
To learn more about Hunger Action Month, please visit www.hungeractionmonth.org.